Some of you may know that I was very scared and intimidated of breastfeeding. The thought of having a baby on me all of the time really made me nervous. Well I am happy to say that I have been breastfeeding this entire time and each and every day it is getting easier and better! Although, I am really a walking boob buffet for Jordan. I think Marc is a bit jealous! :) I have not once in my life popped my boobs out as much as I have in the past 3 weeks! And can I say Pamela Anderson?! I was a perfect padded A cup... now I have hit the DD mark! It's a love hate relationship, I would say.
But I must confess: there are up's and down's and I weigh out the options everyday. (Formula or boob)
Pro's and con's:
- I love the fact that breastfeeding burns calories. Not a lot but while I sit and be at Jordan's beckon call, it is nice to know that I am burning calories without ever putting my gym shoes on.
- It calms Jordan down - immediately!
- It's free! Formula is just so expensive!
- Yes, it is helping us bond together, although I wish I had some of my independence back :)
- I am still figuring out how to breast feed in public and it makes it hard to go anywhere for long periods of time.
- Also how to juggle guests in our home.
- I have to use a nipple shield as my ta-ta's don't want to cooperate!
Boobs - I salute you!